Personal Accident Insurance Claims
In the event that you or one of the insured persons suffers an accident which results in injury and on which you wish to submit a claim you are kindly requested to contact us for guidance. Notification can be made by; phone on 21345123 Ext 5, email email@example.com or by calling personally at our offices or at any one of our branch network – for details of our addresses and opening hours click here.
What to do in the event of a claim
In the event of a personal accident involving you or any insured person which could give rise to a claim, it is important that you notify our claims department and/or your insurance broker immediately.
While immediate steps should be taken to provide first aid to the injured party, do not tamper with any evidence which could prejudice our investigations.
Completing a claim form
The following documentation will be requested in the event of a claim
- Completed claim form (Download a Personal Accident Claim Form or Download a Group Personal Accident Claim Form)
- Detailed statement of how the accident occurred
- Internal investigative report by the H & S officer (where applicable)
- Detailed statements from any witnesses
- Copy of NI30 Form (where applicable)
- Copy of employee’s latest payslip and last FS3 (where applicable)
- Medical report and certificates
- Technical reports (where applicable)
- Police Report (where applicable)
On site meetings/surveys
On site meetings/surveys may at times be requested by our claims staff to understand better the nature of the accident in a way to handle your claim as efficiently as possible.
Appointment of consultants or loss adjusters
In most personal accident claims we will appoint a doctor to examine you or the insured person and follow the progress during any absence from work. At times it may also be necessary to appoint independent consultants or loss adjusters to assist us in the handling of the claim. Our appointed consultants are independent professionals having vast knowledge and experience in their specific fields.