Travel Insurance in Malta
Our insurance is competitively priced and features very good benefits aimed at covering you against eventualities that could occur on your trip overseas.
GasanMamo travel insurance in Malta provides a comprehensive range of standard cover and you can purchase additional benefits such as winter sports cover or an excess waiver. Purchasing holiday insurance from GasanMamo makes it easy for you to protect yourself.
Covers and Standard Benefits
Standard benefits as listed below are available to you when purchasing GasanMamo Travel Insurance:
- Loss of baggage and money
- The cost of purchasing emergency essential replacement items if your baggage is temporarily lost
- Personal Accident Cover
- Cancellation & Curtailment of your trip
- Costs for emergency medical and associated expenses including a hospital cash benefit if you are admitted into a hospital
- Personal Liability
- Delayed and/or Missed Departure
- Loss of Passport
We also provide additional benefits such as:
- Rental vehicle insurance excess cover
- Golfing cover
- Pet care cover
- Winter sports cover for equipment, piste closure and ski pack cover
- 24 hour Worldwide Specialty Assistance Emergency Service
- Cover for holiday and business trips to a maximum of nine months
Please click here for the Summary of cover
Excess Waiver – You may opt to waive the policy excess against payment of an additional premium. If this option is chosen, any claims will be paid without the deduction of the standard policy excess.
Cancellation of Service due to adverse weather conditions or other natural disasters – We will cover reasonable travel and accommodation expenses necessarily incurred due to a forced extension of your journey and refund of non-recoverable and other pre-paid travel and accommodation charges if the service provided by the ship or aircraft in which you are booked to travel is cancelled due to adverse weather conditions or other natural disasters (including volcanic eruptions). This cover is available at an additional premium.
Higher Personal Accident Benefits – You can opt to top up the standard benefits for Personal Accident Insurance to ensure you are adequately covered.
Covid-19 cover extension – Cancellation charges incurred prior to your trip; additional travel and accommodation expenses if it is necessary for you to stay beyond the intended return date; additional travel expenses which are necessary to make your return trip home; emergency medical and associated expenses in the event that you contract Covid-19 whilst on a trip.
Annual Travel Insurance
We offer an Annual Travel Insurance policy which caters for the needs of the frequent traveller. The salient details of this product are as follows:
- An annual product offering twelve months’ cover
- Policy covers all trips to Europe with a maximum duration of 15 days, 6 months or 12 months any one trip
- Standard and Executive cover options
- Free cover for children under 16 years of age (if parents and/or guardians are insured under the annual policy)
- Optional extensions for Excess Waiver and Cancellation of Service and COVID-19 cover as noted above
- Optional Winter Sports cover
This policy is competitively priced and offers the frequent traveller the convenience of having one policy covering all trips over a twelve-month period without the need to declare the trips since these are automatically covered.
The cover operates only if all of the following conditions are satisfied:
- all of the people entitled to benefit under this Policy are normally resident in Malta at the date of the issue of the Schedule; and
- the trip is a conventional holiday or a business trip of a commercial nature; and
- it is a round trip starting and ending in Malta during the period of insurance.