GasanMamo Insurance Ltd (GMI), having company registration number C3143 and its registered office at Head Office, Msida Road, Gzira, Malta, is the data controller as defined by the relevant data protection laws and regulations, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679).
how we process such data, with whom we will share it throughout the recruitment process, the
retention period and your rights in respect to your personal data.
The information that we collect
As part of the recruitment process, certain personal information about you is required to be processed by us. We process such personal data only as necessary for the purposes of your job application with
us or as required by law or regulatory requirements. Your job application will be sent securely to GMI’s Human Resources department and access to your personal information is only granted to GMI’s human resources department and the relative departmental management, on a strict need-to-know basis.
The personal data that we process for recruitment purposes may include:
- Your name, address, date and place of birth and nationality.
- Your contact details such as residential address, email address, mobile and landline telephone
- Data concerning your identity such as photo ID, driving licence, passport information,
identification number and national insurance number.
- Your employment history.
- Criminal history checks such as the Police conduct certificate.
- Your previous salary packages and benefits.
- Your education level, including professional qualifications and skills.
- Your previous employer’s feedback.
- Work permit information.
- Interview assessment results.
During the recruitment process we may also collect personal sensitive data about you such as health
data, including medical conditions. This data is collected so we can make the required arrangements
to comply with regulatory obligations such as Health and Safety regulations.
From where we collect your personal data
- Personal Information that you provide during communications directly with us (for example
during interviews), whether face-to-face, telephonically, by email, online or otherwise.
- Social network sites such as LinkedIn.
- Recruitment Agencies with whom you have registered an interest in working with GasanMamo
Insurance Ltd and to whom you gave consent to provide GasanMamo Insurance Ltd with your
- Other 3rd parties, who with your consent refer you to us.
How we use your personal data
- To identify and assess job applicants for potential employment.
- To reconsider job applicants for future vacancies that may become available.
- For recordkeeping purposes in relation to recruiting and hiring.
- To ensure compliance with legal requirements.
The retention period of your personal data
If you are not selected for the role you applied for or you do not accept our offer for employment
following the recruitment process, we shall retain your Personal Data, including your CV, for a period of not more than 6 months based on legitimate grounds for the purpose of responding to any legal
claims that may arise and for the purpose of considering you for potential future roles with
GasanMamo Insurance Ltd.
Security of your Personal Data
We are committed to protect and secure the personal information that you provide to us, and we put in place the appropriate technical, physical, and organizational security measures to safeguard the
data against any unauthorized access or damage to, or disclosure or loss of your personal data.
Your rights as a data subject
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) you have various rights in respect to
your personal data, particularly you have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you.
- Update to your personal data we hold about you or correct such personal data that you think is
incorrect or incomplete.
- Restriction to the processing of your personal data.
- Deletion of your personal data
To exercise your rights mentioned above, you may contact us by using any of the following:
By email: [email protected]
The Data Protection Officer
GasanMamo Insurance Ltd.
Asking to delete your personal data during the recruitment process would mean that we will be
unable to proceed with the processing of your job application with GasanMamo Insurance Ltd.
should regularly check this policy for any updates.