GasanMamo have just launched their latest private car insurance policy aimed at providing the widest possible cover to motorists. “We used our wide experience in handling motor claims and carried out plenty of market research, looking particularly at UK motor policies, in order to ensure that we provide an insurance cover that exceeds our clients expectations,” said Mr. Francis Valletta, GasanMamo’s Motor Insurance General Manager.
So what’s new with the policy? Aside from redesigning the whole layout and simplifying the wording in order to make it easier to read and understand, the policy offers much wider cover than the previous one. The following are some examples:
- When you make a claim there is no excess to be paid if you are aged 25 years and over.
- Car hire costs are covered even while waiting for repairs to start.
- If a new car is declared a total loss in the first 12 months since its date of first registration, the policy will pay for up to 110% of its original purchase price to have it replaced by one of the same make and model.
- If the car is damaged by an uninsured driver no excess is charged and your No Claim Discount is not affected by the claim.
- Free comprehensive or fire & theft cover is provided for 30 days in any one year when you take your car abroad, also included are €500 cover of extra costs such as overnight accommodation following an accident.
- Comprehensive policyholders now benefit from €350 compensation for all roadside assistance costs while abroad.
- Legal costs to recover uninsured losses (such as loss of income) are now covered up to €1,000.
- Personal Accident and Medical expenses cover now included when purchasing the roadside assistance cover add-on for third party and third party fire & theft policyholders
Policyholders can also buy protection so that if they make only one claim they will not lose their No Claim Discount if they are on the third or fourth year of the scale (applicable for drivers aged 25 years and over). No Claim Discount remains protected for free as from the fifth year. Another new option is to ability purchase ‘GAP’ cover for the vehicle, thus insuring it for its full replacement cost as new during the first five years of its lifetime.
”We believe that the GasanMamo private car policy is now one of the best policies available in Malta, while remaining very competitively priced”, commented Francis Valletta. ”This, coupled with our reputation for a fair and efficient claims settlement process makes GasanMamo an excellent choice for motorists”