We are currently seeking to employ an Assistant Underwriter in our Non-Motor Commercial Lines Underwriting Department. We are looking for a mature, flexible individual, capable of working under minimum supervision. The job involves underwriting, negotiating, and securing business ranging from corporate risks to small and medium enterprises.
Skills and Qualifications:
Applicants are to have the following minimum skills and qualifications:
- Three years underwriting experience within an insurance organisation;
- Be in possession of qualifications at MQF level 4 or higher or preferably studying towards attaining the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) diploma or higher;
- Smart, well organised and computer literate particularly in MS Office;
- Strong interpersonal skills, an outgoing personality and a team player capable of working within an enthusiastic and motivated team;
- Fluent in written and spoken Maltese and English.
Benefits and Perks:
The chosen candidate will be joining a highly reputable organisation that is known for the excellent training that is provides. It offers a good working environment a good work-life balance and career progression. Benefits include:
- Generous remuneration package
- Special leave for parents
- Carers’ leave
- Study support and professional membership reimbursement
- Employee discount on various insurance products
- Group Life and Personal Accident Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Volunteering Leave
GasanMamo is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and encourages applications from all the community, irrespective of race, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.
If you are interested in being considered for this post, please send us a covering letter and CV, including a contact phone number on [email protected]
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
1st December 2022